For those pursuing a postdoctoral experience at Notre Dame, Graduate Career Services, along with other campus partners, are available to support through a variety of resources and services. You can schedule one-one appointments with a Graduate Career Consultant, attend workshops and events, and utilize our variety of career resources. In addition, there are several offices that provide support during your time as a scholar.
Graduate Career Services Consultants are assigned by academic colleges and are available to meet with you to discuss any career topic of interest.
- Set up an account on our career management system Handshake (1. Create an account 2. Approval will be needed from the Center for Career Development) to schedule appointments, find jobs, events, employers, connect with postdocs across the United States, and more!
- 5 + 1 Program (Arts & Letters Only): Meet with Graduate Career Consultant Erik Simon (email@example.com / 574-631-1892) to discuss career resources and strategies
- Events & Workshops: Attend career development events that focus on a variety of topics
- Career Resources (Our Process): Utilize a wide range of resources for career exploration, the application process, and the job search and interviewing
- Notre Dame Opportunities: Overall ; 5+1 Program (Arts & Letters Students Only)
- External Fellowship Databases: Discover opportunities through ♣ Pivot and H-Net
- The National Postdoctoral Association – Provides resources for potential and current post-docs and their advisors (Postdoc Career Competencies)
- Career.edu – An international job search board for universities and government research agencies
- PostDocJobs.com – A site that provides information about jobs, career tips, and work visas
- PhDs.org – Helps graduate students prepare for the changing demands of today’s job market
- "Applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship," The Chronicle of Higher Ed – Article with advice for first-time post-doc applicants
- The Graduate School: Offers graduate training that is available to scholars, as well as provides support and resources through it's Office for Postdoctoral Affairs
- Notre Dame Human Resources: As a scholar, you are considered a staff member of Notre Dame and have access to training and support through resources such as Endeavour and Skillport