Diversity Statements, Statements of Commitment to Diversity, or Contributions to Diversity Statements, are becoming an increasingly common requirement when applying for academic faculty positions, post-doc opportunities, and fellowships. The goal of the document is to demonstrate your awareness and understanding of the obstacles that historically underrepresented or disadvantaged groups have encountered in accessing higher education. Your Diversity Statement should highlight your ability to use this knowledge in the way you approach your research, teaching, and academic service.
- CAREER GUIDE: Diversity Statements
- How to Write an Effective Diversity Statement for a Faculty Job Application, Get A Life, PhD Blog
- Making Sense of the Diversity Statement, The Professor Is In, Karen Kelsky, (appearing in the Chronicle of Higher Education's Vitae)
- Contributions to Diversity, UC San Diego
- Writing Diversity Statements, UC Davis
- The PhD Project: According to it's website, The PhD Project was founded upon the premise that advancements in workplace diversity could be propelled forward by increasing the diversity of business school faculty.
- Insight Into Diversity: INSIGHT Into Diversity (formerly the Affirmative Action Register) is a 35-year-old national magazine and premier source of information for one million readers monthly seeking in-depth news, reports and commentary on issues surrounding all aspects of diversity and inclusion. Highly regarded for its extensive career opportunity listings, INSIGHT Into Diversity continues to successfully connect employers to the most highly qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation.
- Graduate Career Services has a Pinterest Page where we have posted a wide variety of expertly curated online content that may be of interest to graduate students.