"Handshake" Career Management System
In partnership with the Graduate School, the Directors of Graduate Studies, and each academic department/program, Graduate Career Services has been supporting students to secure positions both inside and outside of academia based on their unique goals. Our office provides some of the most robust services and resources in the world to accomplish this.
In order to continue this world-class service, our office has transitioned to a new career management system called "Handshake" - go.nd.edu/handshake (Getting Started). This is a premier resource in our office due to its functionality and the resources it provides ("Handshake" Help Center and Overview):
- Appointment Scheduling for 1-1 career consulting (under the "Career Center" tab)
- Career Events (workshops, fairs, and more)
Employer Profiles and contacts and job openings
- "The Notre Dame Network" - Consider reviewing this employer profile which includes jobs submitted to the Center for Career Development by our alumni, parents, and friends of the university. These opportunities may not go through the typical recruiting channels.
- Messaging with fellow students and Graduate Career Services staff
- Curated content based on your use of the system
- Handshake App (red icon is student version)
- Accessing Handshake as an Alumni and as a Postdoc (1. Create an account 2. Approval will be needed from the Center for Career Development)
As always, you can connect with your assigned Graduate Career Consultant with any questions you may have in order to reach your personal and professional goals!