We are here for you. The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development staff is committed to supporting all of our students during this challenging time of uncertainty. We recognize that many of our graduate students are in the process of securing their post-graduation plans, and many other students are seeking summer internships and other experiences. The Center for Career Development will remain open (virtually) to serve our students in the best ways possible.
We are in contact with employers to keep them apprised of the University’s arrangements and we are implementing creative solutions to support our students in their searches for jobs and internships, as well as overall career development programming.
In accordance with the recent University announcements, the Meruelo Family Center for Career Development will be making alternative arrangements to ensure continuity with our services.
Please be aware of the following:
- We will continue to meet with students (virtually). All scheduled one-on-one appointments with career consultants will continue. This includes appointments already scheduled, as well as new appointments.
- All events (workshops, information sessions, office hours, etc.) scheduled on campus through April 13 have been canceled or moved to a virtual format. Please check Handshake's Events page for the most up to date information. New events will be added daily to our events page, so please check the page regularly.
- Many employers are moving their interviews to a virtual format. On-campus recruiting (in-person interviews in Duncan Student Center) with employers will be moved to virtual interviews. Students who previously scheduled interviews with employers are advised to contact the employer for clarification regarding next steps of their respective recruiting processes.
- Due to the closure of Duncan Student Center, the 5th floor of Duncan will not be available for interviews, meetings, or study rooms until further notice.
- All treks scheduled through April 13 have been canceled. Decisions about spring semester treks scheduled after April 13 will be made by no later than Monday, April 6. We recognize that treks provide valuable experiences for students to meet with alumni and employers. As such, please know we are working with employers to offer virtual information sessions in the coming weeks. These opportunities will be posted on Handshake as events.
- We will be in contact on Monday, March 16 with our graduate students who are scheduled to graduate in May and August with information about special initiatives to support those who are searching for jobs.
- On Monday, March 16 our website will provide detailed information about alternative arrangements for virtual support and additional online resources for all students. This includes ways we will support students seeking internships and other summer experiences.
Our entire staff is committed to helping every one of our students with their ongoing career development. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 574-631-5200 should you have any questions or need support.