Best Fit Career
As you come to the final stages of your advanced degree, it is a good time to reflect on how your skills, interests, and values have been refined through the course of your work at Notre Dame. By tapping into these you can search for positions in career sectors which are best suited to who you are and most likely to provide personally meaningful endeavors. Below are some suggested assessments.
Specifically focused on STEM careers, MyIDP provides:
- Exercises to help you examine your skills, interests, and values
- A list of 20 scientific career paths with a prediction of which ones best fit your skills and interests
- Articles and resources to gain insight into the 20 career paths
- A tool for setting strategic goals for the coming year
Geared toward (but not exclusive to) Humanities and Social Science graduate students, Imagine PhD provides:
- Interest, skill, and values assessments
- Connects assessment results to information about 15 relevant job families
- Articles and resources to gain insight into each job family
- Informal Self-Reflection Exercises (Career Guide): Values Assessment ; Skills Assessment ; Interests Assessment
- Truity: Assessments on Personality, Career Fit, Behavior, Strengths and more
- 16 Personalities: Offers an in-depth analysis of personality types as well as career advice
- Skills Matcher: Sponsored by the Department of Labor, this tool will help you evaluate your skills and match them to relevant job types.