- Versatile Ph.D., Paula Chambers – An online community dedicated to helping graduate students explore and pursue non-academic careers.
- Jobs on Toast, Chris Humphrey – A blog with advice and resources for transitioning out of academia and marketing yourself in alternative industries.
- From Ph.D. to Life, Jennifer Polk – A site that helps PhDs achieve their personal and career goals.
- Scizzle – A site designed to help you keep up with the literature that's relevant to your research and interests.
- Vitae, Chronicle of Higher Education – A higher ed "career hub" with job boards and an extensive advice section.
- Inside Higher Ed, Career Advice – A news site with a dedicated career advice section, features work from a range of higher-ed specialists.
- PhinisheD – Contains discussion boards, links, and articles for graduate students working on dissertations.
- Docjobs – Job board and resources for STEM jobs with focus on biomedical fields.
- Case Interviews, Victor Cheng – Offers advice on acing case interviews and landing consulting jobs.
- "Case Interview Workshop" (YouTube video), Victor Cheng
- Case Questions, Marc Cosentino – Offers advice on how to prepare and perform for case interviews.
- PrepLounge – A case interview community where candidates with similar career goals get connected, practice cases, and sharpen their consulting skills.
- Ph.D. to Consulting (LinkedIn group) – A community of PhDs pursuing consulting careers.
- How To Land A Management Consulting Job (ebook), Consultingfact.com
- Vault's Top 50 Consulting Firms for 2018 – A ranking of the best consulting firms to work for.
Career Research and Decision Making
- Mahaffey Business Library Career Exploration – Guide to accessing the information, resources, and collections of the Hesburgh Libraries.
- ImaginePhD – A free tool that helps Humanities and Social Science graduate students explore career options and create a plan to reach their goals.
- MyIDP – A free tool that helps STEM graduate students explore career goals and create a plan to reach them.
Career Tips and Advice
- Carpe Careers – An essay series for Inside Higher Ed with advice for graduate students seeking academic, non-ac, and alt-ac careers.
- Chronicle of Higher Education Advice – The Chronicle's collection of career advice for academics.
- Gradhacker, Indisde Higher Ed – A blog covering a wide range of topics concerning graduate students.
- Levo League – A career exploration and networking site that caters to Millenials.
- Lindsey Pollack – An advice blog from career guru Lindsey Pollack.
- ND Grad Career Services Pinterest – Our team's curated collection of graduate student career resources.
- The LinkUp Blog – An industry-focused blog covering employment trends and workplace issues.
- The Muse - Article with sample professional email templates for job seekers
- The Rocket List – A list of top career blogs from experts on topics such as personal branding, career searching, networking, and resume writing.
- Quora – A site which brings diverse people together with the mission to "share and grow the world's knowledge."
- The Student Room (TSR) – Comprehensive list of questions commonly asked in Job Interviews, why they are asked if they have any hidden motives and advice on how to answer.
- The National Postdoctoral Association – Provides resources for potential and current post-docs and their advisors.
- Career.edu – An international job search board for universities and government research agencies.
- PostDocJobs.com – A site that provides information about jobs, career tips, and work visas.
- PhDs.org – Helps graduate students prepare for the changing demands of today’s job market.
- "Applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship," The Chronicle of Higher Ed – Article with advice for first-time post-doc applicants.
Dossier and Professional Website Services
- Interfolio – The Graduate School offers an online dossier and personal website service through Interfolio. You as the student assume the fees.
Academic iNDex – The Graduate School provides grad students and postdoc with access to Academic iNDex, a secure online repository for your professional and academic history. Using this system allows you to:
- Automatically be notified when you’re eligible for grants and fellowships based on the info you enter into the system.
- Make a CV, convert your CV to a resume, or generate outputs like lists of publications, presentations, awards, and research experience.
- Record all of your academic and professional development in one place.
- Webinars and Videos
- Articles and Books
Online Training Systems
Big Interview – A free online training system that uses theory and practice to improve interview techniques and build professional confidence.
- Conduct virtual mock interviews for particular positions.
- Access a database of common interview questions with advice on how to answer them.
- Use the Answer Builder to craft answers to behavioral questions.
- View an online training curriculum regarding your strategic job search.
- Big Interview – A free online training system that uses theory and practice to improve interview techniques and build professional confidence.
- LinkedIn.com – A career and professional social networking site.
- GradShare.com – ProQuest’s Q&A networking site for graduate students.
*Listings do not imply endorsement by the University of Notre Dame nor Graduate Career Services. The resources are provided as potential information sources only.