Go IRISH FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
After you click the Employers tab, you may choose Employer Directory, Favorite Employers, Contact Directory, or Favorite Contacts
- Enter Keyword to search for an employer/contact
- A “Search in” box appears > unclick Overview, Website, Contact Notes to simplify your search
- Click Apply Search
- Click Company Name for company overview, available positions, contacts, etc.
- Click Available Positions to view all jobs with this employer
- Click Job Title to review the position
- Click Jobs in left navigation bar > Go IRISH Jobs
- A list of all available jobs displays including Multiple School postings
- You may filter available jobs by searching a keyword (i.e. job title, ID, description, events like fairs, employer name)
- Click Advanced Search > Scroll down in the pop-up box > Click More Filters > Choose Majors, Job Function, Position Type, Class Level, etc.
- Fewer filters = more results
- ALWAYS enter today’s date in the Job End Date/Resume deadline field
- ALWAYS enter today’s date in the OCR Interview Date field
- Do not enter any date in the To field. This will omit any past deadlines from showing up in results
- Click Search
Click the down arrow in the Sort By field to choose Deadline
A list of available jobs displays
- Optional: Create a Search Agent
- Click on Go IRISH jobs
- Click on "Saved Searches" and complete the information
- Title - name the search
- Send via email - indicate if you want the results sent to you daily, weekly, etc.
- New results only - yes or no
- Next, click "Edit" on the new saved search
- Enter your search criteria. We recommend selecting very broad criteria to enable the agent to capture the highest number of jobs. You will want to periodically check your search criteria and make changes as necessary.
Click Job Title to view a specific job in detail
- For a new search, click Clear All before completing a new search
NOTE: Please note any additional/special instructions listed on a job/internship listing. You may be required to apply on a company's website in addition to submitting an application through Go IRISH.
- After searching for jobs, read all instructions and descriptions thoroughly
- Read the message and information in the "Requested or Required Notes" field if available
- Click the Apply field to review job application instructions and what is required to apply
- Select the appropriate resume, cover letter, and or writing sample to use for this application
- If you have no documents to choose, please return to your profile and upload them as needed (see Uploading Documents for instructions)
- You must click submit; otherwise you didn't apply
- "I Have Applied" will appear to the right of the job title to show you have successfully applied
- You will receive an email immediately confirming you’ve applied
- Job Postings: Click Jobs on navigation bar > My Job Applications
- OCR Applications: Click Jobs on navigation bar > My OCR Applications
On-Campus Recruiting (OCR):
If you want to withdraw your resume or have submitted the wrong resume for an On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) Application:
- Click Interviews on left navigation
- Under the Requested Interviews column, if Pending shows along with the vertical ellipsis (dots), click the ellipsis to choose Withdraw before the application end date
- Apply using the correct resume before the application end date
Non OCR Jobs:
If the job posting is still available on Go IRISH, you can withdraw and resubmit your documents. Be aware that MOST resumes are sent immediately upon applying to the employer, so you may want to email the employer and indicate you are re-applying with an updated resume.
- Click Jobs on navigation bar > My Job Applications
- Find the Job > Click Withdraw
- Edit documents as necessary, and resubmit prior to application deadline
If the posting has been taken down and/or the deadline has passed, you cannot withdraw or edit any materials that have been submitted.
- Click Events on navigation bar
- Click the fair title to see a list of all employers attending
- Click Jobs on navigation bar
- Select Go IRISH Jobs
- The top of the page marked with a light bulb shows various Keyword search options
- Enter the Keyword listed for an upcoming career fair and hit enter