Goals and Strategies
Developing Goals & Strategies early and often during your time at Notre Dame and beyond can improve your ability to search for and secure career opportunities that best match your unique personality, skills, interests, needs and goals. Find time among your other responsibilities to implement an efficient and effective process that works for you.
Meeting with a Career Consultant
- Our Team: Dedicated "Career Consultants" serve as liaisons to the Arts & Letters, Sciences, Engineering, and Professional Masters Programs (ESTEEM) to serve students in a variety of capacities to help them reach their career goals. Your consultant has specialized expertise and works individually with students to reach career goals through tried-and-true processes and professional best practices.
- Our Process (1-1 Appointments): Through active listening, our Consultants take time to learn your unique story to create a tailored experience that focuses on resources and strategies to develop concrete action steps. Career consulting is a working relationship; you will be guided to think strategically, to work collaboratively, and to develop professionally. We'll seek to understand your current situation and offer one-on-one help rather than a one size fits all approach.
- Scheduling: Find a time that fits your calendar by utilizing our online scheduling system. Feel free to email your Consultant with your availability if you are unable to find a time.
Career Development Planning:
- Utilize Successful Start Career Resources:
- Attend Professional Development Events: Through its Professional Development department, the Graduate School offers workshops and events of particular interest to graduate students. To view and register for upcoming sessions, please check the Professional Development event page on a regular basis. If you have suggestions for events, speakers, workshops or other feedback — or would like to announce your receipt of an external grant or fellowship — please contact the Professional Development team at email@example.com.
- Leverage Campus Partners