From the Director
Lean In With Larry
Larry Westfall, Director Graduate Career Services
Welcome to the 2017-18 academic year! I'm excited to be sharing my first Lean in With Larry post for the year. Whether you're new to LIWL or a returning follower, we trust that you will find the information and resources not only of interest but also helpful in your career discernment. While finding the right opportunity after graduation can seem daunting, Grad Careers encourages you to:
- Begin the process early and use available resources
- Develop a broad transferable skill set
- Take advantage of professional learning opportunities
- Make time to explore and develop a network
Regardless of where you are in your career exploration, Grad Careers can help you to take ownership of your career and facilitate a smooth transition to a professional role. We invite you to schedule an appointment at email@example.com or explore the resources on our website at gradcareers.nd.edu.
Here are a few items that came across my desk while you were gone...
- Humanities Without Walls - call for applications: humanities without walls pre-doctoral career diversity summer 2018 workshop. Click here for more information.
- Data Analysis and Curation Support at EPA - The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program has an immediate opening for a Data Analysis and Curation Support position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. For more information, click here.
- St. Jude Postdoctoral Openings - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is currently undergoing rapid growth and increasing the number of laboratory research faculty, postdocs, and staff, and enhancing research support infrastructure. For a complete listing of open positions, please click here.
- Abbvie Postdoctoral Openings - Through dynamic collaboration, AbbVie's Postdoctoral Program empowers researchers to make new discoveries, advance leading-edge science and deliver patent-centric solutions. Click here for more information.
- Research Analyst - Air Warfare Radar - The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Radar and Electronic Warfare-related Air Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. For more information and to apply, click here.
- Research Analyst - Land Warfare Radar - The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Radar and Electronic Warfare-related Land Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. For more information and to apply, click here.
- ND Breakfast with Graduate STEM Champions - Join us on the morning of Go IRISH account > click on Events > Career Development > search under "ND Breakfast with Graduate STEM Champions" and RSVP. for our 3rd annual STEM breakfast for Master's and PhD students to network with key employers ND Breakfast with Graduate STEM Champions is FREE to all graduate STEM students. To register, log into your
- ND Fall Career Expo - Don't miss out on an opportunity to engage with over 175 employers on Go IRISH account and search for the Fall Career Expo under Events. from seeking students for intern and full-time opportunities across all disciplines and all majors. For more information and a complete list of companies attending, log in to your
Until next time, always be #IrishReady!
Director's Log: 8/15/17