From the Director
Lean In With Larry
Larry Westfall, Director Graduate Career Services
Their website says it all - Golden Dome. Golden State. Endless possibility. Notre Dame California isn’t simply a West Coast office. It's the embodiment of the University’s desire to be an active partner and presence across the state, contributing to and benefiting from the educational, entrepreneurial, and creative cultures that make California unique.
Under the direction of Dr. Pat Flynn, Computer Science & Engineering, our own Kaci Kelly, Talent and Employer Relations Specialist, and a host of alumni networks, Notre Dame California is making good on its promise to connect the University’s faculty and students to the dynamic research and employment opportunities found on the West Coast and build a bridge back to our Indiana campus for Notre Dame alumni and friends who call California home.
If you're considering the West Coast as a possible first destination or summer internship, then look no further than the connections we have at ND California. To get started:
- Make an appointment with your Grad Career Consultant on campus
- Update your industry and regional interests in Go IRISH under "My Account"- click here
- Opt into the CA Resume Books through Go IRISH (Documents -> Opt in Books)- these resumes get shared with employers I meet!
- Come to the CA Student Club meetings for monthly updates on employer activity- All of these opportunities get posted to Go IRISH, apply! There are currently 273 intern and full-time CA opportunities posted to Go IRISH. See the attachments link "Go IRISH California Job Postings" to view a snap shot of the opportunities available. Login to Go IRISH to view the full job description and apply!
- Fill out this google form if you accept a position in CA, and withdraw your resume from the CA resume books in Go IRISH (Documents -> Opt-in Books -> Withdraw)
It may be just the beginning of Spring in the Midwest, but things are heating up in California. If you have an interest in an internship or full-time role on the West Coast, take steps now to opt-in and get your credentials noticed.
Until next time, always remain #IrishReady!
Director's Log: 4/24/17