From the Director
Lean In With Larry
Larry Westfall, Director Graduate Career Services
- Notre Dame California - If you're interested in California as your full-time destination or an internship opportunity, then join the ND California Student Club and get connected to events and programs geared toward the West Coast region. Don't forget to opt-in to the California Resume Book through Go IRISH and get your resume in fronts of hundreds of prospective employers and alumni.
- IRISH Compass is LIVE! - Join this new online community created to foster powerful professional mentoring connections between Notre Dame students and alumni around the world. To get started, visit irishcompass.nd.edu, register using your netID, and start exploring the world of alumni mentoring today.
- Google PhD Informal Chat - Google will be on campus on here if you are interested in attending. Make sure your resume and LinkedIn profiles are up to date (feel free to link both in the form) and of course come with lots of good questions! SPACE IS LIMITED! from in 258 Fitzpatrick, holding an informal Q&A session with Haiyan Meng, a current Googler and ND PhD alum. Hear her journey to Google and how she applied her experience at ND to her work at the company. Register
- Deloitte Network Reception & Information Session - Join representatives from Deloitte in their Chicago office on here. for a networking reception for Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory's Life Sciences and Healthcare industry. Deadline to apply is Sept 11th. Individuals will be notified if accepted. There is no reimbursement for travel expenses. For more detail, register
- 84.51 on Campus ! - Don't miss this technical information session from in 209 DeBartolo Hall , Sept 11th. Representatives from 84.51 will be speaking to students interested in intern and full-time opportunities in Analyst or Developer roles.
- 2018 SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition - SpaceX is moving forward with a third installment of the competition: the 2018 Hyperloop Pod Competition. The competition will focus on a single criterion – maximum speed. All Pods must be self-propelled, though there is a Levitation “sub-competition.” The competition will take place in summer 2018 and is open to both new and returning student teams. We hope your university will consider participating this year. To register, please have your students submit an Intent to Compete Form by on .
- EDF Climate Corps Graduate Fellowship Program - Jumpstart your sustainability career with an EDF Climate Corp fellowship. 2018 application opens on September 1st! Students should apply online by visiting our website! We will have two application deadlines: December 5th at 11:59pm PT, and January 5th at 11:59PM PT. Candidates should apply early to be considered for the first round of host placement decisions! Students should consider joining our virtual sessions/webinars on: Friday, October 13th at /9:00am PT Register here, Wednesday, November 13th at /12:00pm PT Register here.
- #IrishReady: Career Strategy 101 - Come learn what it means to be #IrishReady for career success. Grad students at all stages will gain tips and resources for planning a strategic approach to their career development, and will receive a checklist for easily managing the process. We'll engage, develop, and empower you for success regardless of your field or desired career outcome. Register here.
DEADLINE – Eastern Daylight Time
This is a 12 month, full-time appointment in Washington, D.C.
Go to Zintellect.com to apply and for additional information.
The DOE Scholars Office of Fossil Energy Fellow will serve in a program/project management support role for the Office of Fossil Energy's (FE) Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) program. MLEF is an FE-wide 10-week educational summer program that provides opportunities to students who are pursuing degrees i science, technology (IT), engineering, or mathematics (STEM majors). The goal of the program is to improve opportunities for minority and female students in these fields.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizens and have completed a Bachelor’s degree. May be currently pursuing or have obtained a Masters or Doctoral degree within the last 60 months.
Program provisions: Stipend: $950 per week; Health insurance allowance: up to $513 per month; Housing allowance: $230 per week; Metro allowance: $30 per week. Travel/training allowance (upon mentor and program approval): up to $12,000 per year.